Croeso i'r Derbyn
Welcome to Reception
We are Busy Bees in Reception
Welcome to our Reception class page. On this page I will give you a little peek into the fun things we do in Reception.
What a strange start to the Summer term! It is very strange for us all not being in school at the moment. I am so proud of all of the children for working hard at home. I miss each and every one of you and hope that we will be together again very soon
Helping Your child at home
- Read every day , share story books and rhymes , these are very important activities to prepare your child for reading
- Homework - help your child with their homework activities'
- Teach your child to dress themselves - I know it's quicker to dress them in the mornings but it is an important skill they need for school
- Homework will be sent home every Friday, generally it will be practising and reinforcing skills learnt in school this week . To be returned to school by the following Wednesday
- Reading books and sounds and words to learn will be sent home every Friday to be returned to school the following Wednesday
- P.E. is on a Wednesday. Children need to have their kit in school . Tshirt in group colour (availablefrom school office) Black or navy shorts. This is where dressing themselves becomes important ! I would suggest they wear clothes that are easy to put on e.g. no tights.
- Snack - all children are given a healthy snack every day . The charge for this is £1 a week . You can pay weekly, termly or annually.
Our topic this term is Minibeasts.
We are learning about lots of different minibeasts, their habitats and lifecycles.
So far this term we've made bug hotels, caterpillars and life cycles.
It's a lovely creepy crawly topic